Friday, November 16, 2012

Grief and Turkey

I have been putting off writing blogs. It has been a long, long time. I think of things to write about and then I think to myself that people really don't want to read about them.... so I just start doing something else.

Or stare at the wall.

Or a page in a book.

The thing is I still have a lot to say. I have so much to say. But you know, people get offended. They want you to keep your personal thoughts and feelings to yourself.

No one knows what goes on behind closed doors. No one knows what goes on inside your head. They just see the smile on your face and only a few see the shadows on your face and that the twinkle is gone from your eyes.

Sunday will be six months. Really? Six. Whole. Months. Half a year. It seems like I should be over it. It seems like the pain should be dull by now. The memories of what happened have faded over time, just like you forget what you wore three weeks ago, or what you got for your last birthday, or how your best friend from elementary school used to laugh.

I will get back to blogging soon. I am working on finding some happiness and normalcy in my life and trying to balance work and our crazy lives. Next week is Thanksgiving and I tend to get pretty sentimental during the holidays so I fully expect to have a melt down. Something about the weather, all the carbs and the required family gatherings.

There is a blog that was shared with me early on in my loss and the owner of the site is Franchesca. She lives in Texas and is fabulously talented. She actually keeps up with her blog. She is an artist, photographer, an entrepreneur, a SAINT... this woman does it all and touches the hearts of others. She has also touched mine in ways that I cannot even express. Please visit her blog. www.smallbirdstudios.com

She publishes a Loss For Words Calendar and asks for quotes from Mothers who have lost children over the year. This year she chose a piece from something that I had written about my Zoe Jane and it was published in the 2013 calendar that is just now out. A lovely piece of art for anyone, this is something that has humbled me and broken my heart all at the same time. Please take the time peruse her blog, order some art, order a calendar for yourself or a loved one. Below is Zoe Jane's page, our month is February and  I am honored to be a part of this project and I am honored to share my heart, my Zoe Jane, with all of you.


No comments:

Post a Comment