Monday, December 17, 2012

Family

This weekend was so busy. We had catering events for four days along with trying to get settled in our new places. I haven't had a lot of time to focus on much else. In fact, I still need to pay "Santa" for Christmas and pick some things out for the kids. Christmas sure is getting here quick!

This weekend I have read a lot about the events in Connecticut, I have shed tears, I have prayed for these families and seen the pictures of all lost. It has brought up emotions that I have been trying to suppress through the holiday season. I can tell you that I have not been well the past few days. There are so many things to understand about losing a child. I hope that through my blog some of you have learned how to deal with the feelings and emotions of parents that have lost a child. The senseless acts of a troubled man has led to so much heartache.

Since the holidays began I have decorated, baked, and tried to keep my thoughts on all things positive. We have had the worst year imaginable. All I want right now is to make Christmas special for Brendan and Keira. After we lost Zoe I didn't think that things could get much worse, but the year wore on and every month there was something else that hurt my heart. Deciding to move back to a small town and bring our businesses with us has been a scary thing to do. I always remember the movie "You've Got Mail" and how Meg Ryan's character closes her bookstore because of the big company that came in around the corner... the lady that works for her tells her that closing the store and moving on to something else was the brave thing to do. I keep telling myself that this move was the brave thing to do.

We have had such an outpouring of support and love from the community and we pray with all that is in our hearts that our businesses are successful here. The most important thing right now is that we can provide for our family and be happy. Starting over is exciting and worrisome, all at the same time.

I want to challenge everyone to spend time with their families. Watch a few Christmas movies, bake some cookies, go look at Christmas lights. Love one another, hug your kids tight, tell your spouse how much you love and appreciate them and remember that there are people out there who need your prayers, your kindness, your hope and love. Let's all join together and send a blanket of love and prayers to those families hurting in Connecticut. The children who witnessed the events, the people who have lost those close to them, they all deserve our thoughts this time of year.

No comments:

Post a Comment