Monday, October 15, 2012

October 15th

Today is October 15, a Day of Remembrance for Pregnancy and Infant Loss.

Today is National Pregnancy and Infant Loss Awareness Day. 1 in 4 women experience a miscarriage in their lives, yet how many women do you know who actually talk about it? Not very many. Every single day in the US, 2,000 women lose a baby to pregnancy/infant loss. That’s 700,000 a year, a quarter of all females in this country.

I am 1 in 4. I lost a child. I miss her everyday and long to have her in my arms. 

Her memory will live on forever.

As I woke this morning I thought about how this is another first for us. Another hard day that memorializes the fact that our Zoe Jane is not with us. I look at her photo every morning and pray a little prayer. Some days the tears come immediately and other days God grants me peace.

Tonight at 7 p.m. we will join parents from around the world who have lost a child and will light a candle to create a wave of light for our babies. Everyone is asked to light a candle and leave it burning for at least one hour to create this light.

If you know someone who has lost a child, if YOU have lost a child...please join with us tonight by lighting a candle for our babies to see from Heaven.

I will remember my little girl. I will visit her grave today. I will cry the tears of loss that do not seem to ever run out. 

Remembering our Sweet Zoe Jane today and always.


1 comment: