Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Random, Mean, Stupid and Funny

Are you pissed because you can't find anything to wear? You still look pregnant but you aren't and your old clothes don't fit... you are still swollen and your feet still hurt and you aren't supposed to be doing much for a while...

Are you tired of people saying that you have an angel watching you from Heaven?

Does your husband kiss you more? Hold your hand? Get right up next to you in bed at night?

Do you feel guilty that you went to a restaurant to eat after you got out of the hospital because there was no food at your house and you couldn't cook it if there were?

Are you mad at the "best friends" who didn't come to your baby's funeral, didn't call, didn't send a message?

Are you amazed at the people who barely know you... the people who are now extraordinary in your eyes because they did so much to ease your pain?

Do you find that people just don't know what to say so they say nothing at all?

Do you notice that they sky is blue? That there are butterflies EVERYWHERE

Does the wind on your face feel good instead of hot as your husband is driving you aimlessly around with the windows down because the two of you don't know what to do next?

Did you consider moving to another state, starting a new job, getting away from it all? Only to realize that you would be miles and miles away from where you laid your child to rest?

Did someone get their feelings hurt because they weren't listed in the obituary? Did you care? Or did you just want to scream at them and say "I buried my baby today!!!"

Do the phantom kicks bring you comfort and then rip you to shreds when you realize they are not real?

Are you singing the music that was at the service over and over in your head?

Are you regretful for not holding her just a little longer?

I wish that I had kissed her fingers and toes.

I love my sister more than ever after this week. She became the strong one who handled everything for me.

 Are you reading everything that you can get your hands on about Heaven?

Did you throw away your prenatal vitamins?

Do you give away the things that you bought for her?

Are you afraid that you are going to become one of those crazy ladies that rocks a baby doll and mutters?

Are you able to laugh at all? Smile and mean it?

Are you EXHAUSTED?

I wish that my friends who are pregnant would understand that coming around me is not going to cause them to lose their baby... and the ones who have come to see me and offer support...well, you are just some of the most courageous and strong women that I know.

I was a little mean at times while I was pregnant... and blamed it on the hormones.. do I get a free hall pass for just a little while longer?

Do you celebrate your due date even though you lost your baby months before?





5 comments:

  1. I just want you to know that you are one of the strongest women I have EVER known. I admire you and your strength. I have no words to help your pain but I want you to know that I pray every night that God will comfort you and Bryan. I love you Jenn and I truly mean that. I will continue to pray for you because you can never truly get over something so traumatic. I could never imagine having gone through what you have endured these last few weeks. Keep your head up! God has something bigger planned for you. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ive been reading your blog and it breaks my heart. I know we never really got along in school and for that i am truly sorry. You have gone through a mothers biggest fear. I dont have words that will ease your pain but you and your family are in my heart and i pray you can find peace. Your a strong woman. God bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. keep writing your thoughts, it helps you and us deal with your loss. I wish I could come see you but I can't get around to well, but you and Bryan are always in my heart and my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My heart goes out to you and your family! You are such an amazing and strong woman and even though we aren't close, I've always looked up to you and all your amazing accomplishments. I know writing will help to clear your mind. Your are so lucky to have such a caring family and group of friends! love you Jenner.

    ReplyDelete
  5. When a Mother's heart is broken for the loss of her grandchild she wonders why can other people laugh? How can they sing? How can they seem as if life is normal? There's never a normal after the loss until God heals you inside out. But believe me I remember both of my little grandbabies I never got to hold. Never got to kiss their toes. Never got to say you are so precious. I wonder is there a way I can ever help my kids heart's heal. Because the pain I feel is nothing like they feel ... With the loss of their child. Another baby waiting until it's reunited with its mama and daddy. But, I go on praying for the day when all of the cracks in my heart are helped too. I love you and your family!

    ReplyDelete